Vision statement: Mundy Township is a well-managed and fiscally sound rural, residential community that through responsible growth protects and preserves its rural character to be safe, attractive, and healthy. The Township, through social media, aims to highlight and accentuate the bright future and development potential of our community while preserving its rural character, history, and natural beauty.
Mundy Township Comments Policy: The township’s Facebook page is intended to serve as another way in which our community can connect and learn about township services, events and activities. Just like public meetings and the many other ways we engage with one another, this Facebook page is intended to access information about the township and a platform with which to interact with the township and have constructive discussions.
The township actively monitors this page and takes your input seriously. Comments noting the positives about our township are always welcome, of course, but so, too, are constructive criticisms. Whether positive or critical, we encourage everyone to be respectful and thoughtful in their comments.
Do not use this page to report a crime. In case of emergency, or if you need immediate assistance, dial 911. To report a non-emergency crime, please call the Metro Police Authority of Genesee County at: 810-820-2190. The Mundy Township Fire Department may be reached for non-emergency purposes at: 810-655-4327
If you are seeking township-specific information, we encourage you to visit our website at: http://www.mundytwp-mi.gov/. Township offices are open Monday-Thursday, 8am-6pm, and can be reached by phone at: 810-655-4631. Particular department/issue phone extensions are as follows:
Assessing – 221
Building (Code Enforcement, Permits, Planning & Zoning) – 233
Clerk (Elections, FOIA & Records Requests, General Directory) – 223
Dog Licenses – 232
Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Waste – 228
Township Manager – 229
Treasurer (Taxes & Payments) – 227
Water & Sewer - 222
You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain.
“Friending” between Mundy Township employees and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments. Comments posted by others on any Mundy Township Facebook page(s) are not to be considered the opinion of Mundy Township; Mundy Township does not endorse any third-party comments on this page. Mundy Township reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by Mundy Township.
Mundy Township does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the offices of township administration. Mundy Township welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page.
Mundy Township reserves the right to delete comments that are generally understood as any of the following (this comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time):
• Comments not related to township business or related to the particular social medium article being commented upon;
• Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
• Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others;
• Comments using obscene, threatening or harassing language;
• Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status;
• Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
• Copyrighted material or content that violates the legal ownership interest of another party;
• Commercial advertisements;
• Comments/posts that contain hyperlinks to external websites;
• Multiple, off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted;
• Personal information including, but not limited to, identification numbers, phone numbers, e-mails.
• As a general best practice, please consider the following - whether content is pre-moderated or community moderated, follow these three principles: the Good, the Bad, but not the Ugly. If comments are positive or negative and in context to the conversation, then comments will be approved, regardless of whether it's favorable or unfavorable to Mundy Township. But if the comments are ugly, offensive, denigrating and completely out of context, then comments will be rejected. Those who submit questions via social media will be directed to the appropriate Township department.
Questions or concerns regarding Mundy Township social media activity, the township social media policy, and/or this Customer Use Policy may be submitted to the Township Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mundy Township is a diverse and inclusive community, and we hope the conversations and information exchanges on this Facebook page prove helpful - or are at least are considered interesting - to our residents and visitors. Thank you for stopping by!