Frequently Asked Questions - Taxes

Q. How do I make my payments?

A. For your convenience, the Mundy Township Hall has a drop box available for incoming Township mail and payments only. No public outgoing mail receptacle is available. Taxes may be paid in person at the Mundy Township Offices (Yahoo Maps Link provided will take you out of The Charter Township of Mundy website)between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. The offices are closed on Fridays and on holidays. Taxes may be mailed to the following address: Attn: Mundy Township Treasurer, 3478 Mundy Avenue, Swartz Creek, MI 48473 also available for full payment remittance for current season collections is our lock box location:  Charter Township of Mundy, Dept. 77355, PO Box 77000, Detroit, MI 48277-0355. As of July 2015 on line payments are available, you may access this Link on our Home page or the Treasurer's Office Payment Information page. ACH (Automated Clearing House), EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), E-Checks are not accepted.


Q. How do I get a Summer Deferment?

A. A Summer Tax Deferment Form for eligible persons is available at the Township office and can be filed through September 14th of each year.  This would defer your summer taxes through February 14th without interest penalty. 


Q. How do I get a Winter Deferment?

A. Winter Deferments are available from the Genesee County Treasurer's Office, 1101 Beach Street, Flint Michigan 48502. Phone number: 810-257-3054. Please contact their offices for information regarding deferments. (Link provided will take you out of The Charter Township of Mundy website.)



Q. What are your millage rates?

A. The millage rates for the current tax year may be found here.